Salinity Management SA
This course builds upon its precursor, Salinity Concepts, and provides participants with an opportunity to understand the causes of salinity outbreaks in the landscape and approaches to managing them.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- distinguish key causes of salinity in the landscape
- prepare a site description and analyse key information
- identify appropriate management strategies for preventing, reducing, and adapting to salinity affected situations
- develop a soil use map for a property
Method of deliverySalinity Management SA is available as an online course only.
Course lengthThe online course takes approximately 4.5 hours to complete.
Course fees$285 GST free
There are ten modules in this course.
- Introduction to dryland salinity management
- Leakage factors
- Approaches to salinity management
- Site characterisation
- Types of salinity and landuse management options
- Options for reducing recharge
- Discharge options
- Salinity economics
- Developing a salinity management plan
- Case study analysis
Course resources are provided.
$285 GST free