Managing Climate Risk in Agriculture
This course has been designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required for the development of climate risk management strategies for agricultural enterprises. The course is suitable for managers of agricultural business and rural land, or anyone seeking to understand weather and climate risk management.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand how weather works
- use weather information and seasonal forecasts in decision making
- understand climate variability and change, interpret scenarios and explore possible business impacts
- assess climate and weather risk and develop appropriate management plans
Course content is based on an existing NSW Department of Primary Industries PROfarm course titled 'A farmers guide to managing climate risk'.
Method of delivery
This course is available as either:
- an online only course
- a blended course (online and face to face components)
The online course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
The face to face component is tailored to the needs of the client group and the time involved varies. This component is delivered subject to demand.
$150 GST free
There are four modules in the online course.
- Weather and climate
- Climate variability
- Understanding climatic change
- Climate risk management
Course resources are provided.
$150 GST free